1. Southwest Holiday Cottages act entirely as
Agents and the booking contract shall be made
between the person who signs
Booking Form and the property
2. ACCURACY OF DESCRIPTIONS
All descriptions are given in good faith.
3. BALANCE OF PAYMENT
The balance of the holiday payment is payable 6 weeks in advance to Southwest Holiday Cottages. Reminders are not sent but it is our usual practice to contact you if we have not received the balance in due time. lf the balance is not received within 6 weeks of the commencement of the holiday then Southwest Holiday Cottages will be entitled to take this to mean that the holiday has been cancelled,and we will endeavour to re-let,and send you the refund.
4. CANCELLATION AFTER PAYING BY CREDIT CARD, DEBIT CARD, CHEQUE OR CASH
Once a booking is confirmed by payment the holidaymaker enters into a legally binding contract and is liable for the full cost of the holiday which includes the balance of the rent for the holiday property. Southwest Holiday Cottages must be notified in writing immediately of any cancellation,and will endeavour to re-let the accommodation,and if successful the holidaymaker will be refunded. There will be no refund unless the cottage is relet. We can usually re-let, even if given only I or 2 weeks notice, especially for July/August weeks. But to make sure,please give as much notice as possible. lf we are unable to re-let at the full rate then the holidaymakers refund is reduced accordingly. Each week booked will be treated as a separate booking for the purpose of this clause. The same terms as above apply also for Credit Card and Debit Card bookings.
5. In no circumstances can the period booked be exceeded & the number of persons shall not exceed the number stated in the brochure.The right of entry is reserved during reasonable hours for inspection or repair deemed necessary.
6. Southwest Holiday Cottages point out that in making your reservation,they act as Agents for the cottage owners.The contract being between the owner & the guest.
7. The tenant of a holiday cottage undertakes to keep the premises and effects in the same state of repair and shall pay the owner the value of any damage or loss to the premises,fittings & effects other than reasonable wear and tear,& leave the premises in the same condition of cleanliness & general order in which it was found.
8. The holidaymaker promises to reimburse Southwest Holiday Cottages for any bank charges losses reasonably sustained due to cheques being either represented or dishonoured.
If you have a complaint, then please contact the owner/caretaker,who will normally be pleased to correct the discrepancy.lf you receive no satisfaction then contact Southwest Holiday Cottages who are usually open to 8 o’clock evenings. Please remember that outgoing holidaymakers do not always report damaged equipment,& S H Cottages have no control over the owners or their suppliers speed of repair.Note that descriptions are general & not absolute: ’enclosed’ garden is a general statement & not an absolute statement e.g. a dog may be able to ‘escape’ from an ‘enclosed’ garden.
10. The holidaymaker accepts that where mention is made oflocal amenities such as pubs,shops,council swimming pools etc,that these types of amenities are a guide only to what is available in the locality and that these amenities may vary in detail from mentioned or be closed or no longer in operation when the holidaymaker arrives.
11. The contract is deemed to have taken place in Plymouth.
12. GENERAL & BASIS OF OCCUPATION
The accommodation is for use as holiday accommodation only, there is no right to remain in the accommodation after the holiday.The holidaymaker promises to adhere to owners arrival/departure times as notified on directions when sent.The person signing the booking form is & will remain responsible for members of his/her party & should make sure they are aware of the booking conditions & that they meet the obligations arising therefrom in every way. lf the booking conditions are contravened in any way the owner of the accommodation may refuse the right of entry to the property & no money will be refunded.
13. Any amendment to a booking after paying a deposit will incur an administration charge of £24.
14. In all cases the owner has the right to require a £40 deposit against breakages, cleaning or damage regardless of whether or not this is mentioned in the description,the deposit to be applied against such costs but any balance will be refunded at the end of holiday or within 7 days.
15. If the cottage owner has to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances beyond his control (for example storm or flood damage to property, death, or other acts of god) liability will be limited to the following - the cottage owner will arrange an alternative letting through Southwest Holiday Cottages, but if this is unacceptable the cottage owner will refund the full amount of the holiday cost.
16. A booking is only deemed to have been contracted when Southwest Holiday Cottages have received a booking form, received payment and issued a receipt confirming the booking for the correct cottage with the correct dates.Any receipt sent in error(giving incorrect details) is invalid for these purposes.Any previous action is merely a tentative booking and not binding on either party.
17. There is an additional £27 booking fee payable for each week booked,as shown on the booking form.The price for the holiday is the price advertised/confirmed at time of booking plus the booking fee.
18. Bookings can only be made by means of a booking form. In the case of persons under 18 years of age,the booking form should be signed by a parent or guardian.Any dispute between the parties involved in the contract shall be settled according to English Law.
19. The holidaymaker realises that old cottages do not always have such things as damp proof course,etc.
20. No clause in these conditions exclude the holidaymakers rights under the’Unfair Contracts Terms Act’.
21. The holidaymaker realises that there will be some imperfections in the holiday house(as there is in all houses) but realises that they may not be central to the enjoyment of the holiday.
22. All payments made are made to the owner,but are paid via Southwest Holiday Cotttages who shall collect the money on behalf of the owner.
23. We do not discuss upon the suitability of any particular property with regards to an individual’s disability. This is because Southwest Holiday Cottages act as agents only and we do not have enough detailed knowledge of either the accommodation or the nature and extent of an individual’s disability. All cottages are booked on the basis of the information given in the description only.